Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 1

I am typing this 2 days later because I didn't have a computer.
I wrote this on a piece of paper because I knew I would forget some of the details if I didn't.


Day one Tues. Jan. 4 2011

First day of our trip. I am writing on paper because I don't have a computer yet. The morning started off @ 6:30 after a bad night of sleep. I was so wound up, all I could do was go in and out of a light sleep. The news channel 7 was coming at 10 this morning to interview us about our trip. While selling our stuff on craigslist I met Dee Sarton . She asked about our trip and then said she thought it would be a good story to follow. It was fun to be apart of. But I worked myself up about them coming because I wanted it to go well. It didn't help that I was running on low sleep for weeks. I had spent time ironing shirts which I never do. I was yelling at the boys to please wear there nice clothes and Corey was telling me to let them wear what they want. I had bought some interesting wrap sweater that you could wear 6 different ways and I couldn't get at least one way to work. When I walked out, cute Dee Sarton was her down to earth self and said" don't you look nice for a road trip." At that point I knew I had over done it. So I ran out to the motor home, shuffled through all the clothes that had been shoved into the closet. I had to find my go to outfit that I wear all the time. After the change of clothes I felt a lot better. The boys had there ties on and we were ready to roll literally. The interview was a lot of fun. After the interview we got on the road and headed out to Corey's Grandmas place to say good bye. While we were out there Corey had me shoot the gun that were bringing, so that when we drive around the ghettos were safe.
Instead of a sign that says beware of dog. Were going to put this picture up with a sign that says beware of wife traveling with 5 kids.












We finally got on the road after months of preparation and lots of help from friends and loved ones! THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU! We never would have got on the road in time without you. We headed to Burns Oregon. I was exhausted so I was in and out of sleep listening to Corey about the roads. They were straight ice. We got into Burns around 5:30 and decided to stay the night there. It had become dark and so, so cold. So we hunkered down and went over to McDonald's to let the kids play and run around in the empty play place. It was kind of sad when it dawned on me that I don't really have little ones who do the McDonald play place anymore. They helped Addy up and down the dirty slide. She helps keep them young for me. Colton threw a mini football around and Corey ran back and forth to the store to get water and some supplies. I refused to eat disgusting M.D. food, instead I opted for super dry chicken from the store deli. Not the best first meal but it filled our tummies. It is definitely a small space for a lot of people and so far I have spent a lot of time juggling stuff back and forth. We had our first tiny crisis. Corey was driving to find a K.O.A and he had put the heavy water jugs on the counter. I didn't even think to hold on to them. We hit a bump and both jugs came crashing down and broke pouring out water all over the floor. I yelled STOP! We got them back on the counter and Caleb started grabbing towels. My clean cherished towels that I don't know when I'll be able to clean. We started up again and Codey shouted out" hold onto those jugs". We had to use the water to wash up with but we had to use it from the side instead of the spout because of it being broken. Colton and I took turns with pouring the water for each other. I heated up some water for Addy on the stove and put her in a small little basin/bin to wash her up in. She absolutely loved it and would stand up and splash her feet while doing a little dance and squealing with delight for us. Corey bought some ice cream that we were going to eat with Paula's hot yummy fudge but I couldn't bring myself to do it without water. It seemed like to much work and mess. So that is my diet plan. Don't make eating food so easy. We are all tucked in our beds now nice and tight. Comfy and Cozy and yes all very close. It has already been a great day of memories. Tomorrow we will get on the road and hope so badly to make it to the Redwoods. Hopefully it will be a little warmer than this icebox of a town. NO TV I love it! Were parked under a big light at a gas station. I can't wait to get out of this cold weather!














1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh my gosh, Allysun! It's been so long since we've seen you guys. But I ran into Heather at the store the other day, we chatted for a minute, caught each other up our lives, and before we parted I asked about you guys and she briefly told me what you guys were doing. WHOA!! She said you had a blog, so I finally sat down tonight to find it. It's now after 1:00 am and I am completely captivated! All I can say is WOW!! What an amazing experience! Wow! I'm kind of even jealous... What an adventure! I will be tuning in often to see how it's going. I hope you don't mind if I do a post about your adventure on my blog with a link. Would that be okay? God bless! Love you guys! xoxo