Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 12- Hearst Castle








Day 12- Hearst Castle
Sat. Jan. 15

I am so tired this evening. I felt tired most the day. I am already in bed and looking forward to going to sleep. The morning seem to go on forever. The campground we are at is really nice. It actually feels like we are camping. We had our first campfire last night. And the boys are down by the coast right now looking for drift wood to start another one for tonight. On the way home from our day out Corey stopped at a mini mart and got some marshmallows. And wouldn't you know it I am way to tire to party with them. Why is it on the nights there's a party is when I am my most tired and grumpy. The boys finally got a game of football in today. They have been asking to go to a park so they could play football. We were all thrilled when we saw the big patch of grass behind our camp spot. It was like our own private park. They played football most the morning while Addy cheered them on from the sidelines. She loves being out of the R.V. I really think she misses the house. She also surprised us with some walking with the help of her little walker that Grandma Jane gave her for Christmas. Corey pulled her away from it and tried to get her to start walking and I started to cry. I was surprised by my emotion. I realize what walking means. It means she is that much closer to leaving me someday. Why do they have to grow so fast? And then there's me tonight so dog tired from the work that goes into a family, wondering will I ever get rest?
Corey just spoke through the screen of the bedroom. Saying" guess who just discovered marshmallows"? She really, really likes them. After we had a long morning of some fun mixed with cleaning up the R.V. We finally made it to our daily destination. The Hearst Castle. I had been there as a girl and had really looked forward to taking the boys. We got there at 2:00 I went and got the tickets for the 4 tour and we planned to see the movie before the tour. As I was walking back to the R.V. I saw and heard something so disturbing it made me sick. I heard then quickly saw a young boy about Carstons age 9 crying and yelling at a women who looked like she could be his mother or grandma. She was following him real close. As I got closer I was sickened by the language this young boy was using and the anger he had coming out of his little body. He was saying the F word repeatedly to her and telling her to F off. I really didn't know what to do. I just watched in shock as I continued to listen and see him behave like that. I had a bunch of different thoughts go through my mind. Why is she letting him behave like that?.Is she mean to him? Where has he learned that. Where is a father? Then I thought has someone treated him like that? Oh I was just sick by what I heard and saw.

I walked back to the R.V. in shock and told the boys what I saw. We had a discussion on language, abuse and our emotions. I have a really hard time like anyone else I'm sure to get over some thing like that. I will pray for that little boy and for the grandma or mom.

We finally made it to the movie it was really good. It talked about fulfilling our dreams. It seems to be a common theme throughout this journey. Then we went and saw the Castle. It was beautiful. The boys were so inspired they talked about there future dream homes when there older. I found a drawing of Caleb's Castle the next morning. I even heard Carston say" Dad if his dreams come true why can't ours"? I believe they can, I know I talk a lot about it . But I really believe in things turning out especially when the lord is in involved. I want my kids to dream and to believe.

1 comment:

jane said...

Miss you guys!!!!!! Yes, encourage them to dream and dream big. Addy is so darn cute. They all are. Happy trails, love, mom