Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 9 Travel Day

Day 9 Travel Day
Wed Jan 11

We got up real slow this morning from the effects of yesterday's walking. Debated on whether or not to stay another day or to head towards L.A. We didn't get the opportunity to do Alcatraz, Cable Cars, China town or Lombard street. We decided we would move on and save some stuff for when we come back. It's a town that we want to come back too someday. So we thought it was good luck to save some stuff for next time. Were going to put stars on the states we go to and rate them. San Fran is looking like a 4 star.
After we made our decision we did our usual routine . Clean up, showers, laundry and prepare for some dry camping. It was a beautiful morning. The boys rode there bikes while I got ready and Corey finished up the laundry. I had our first neighbor come to meet us. I greeted him in my bright pink leopard print robe. I felt like I was on the show what about Earl. He wasn't coming to say hi he was coming to tell me that my boys were racing Addy at dangerous speeds down the road in her carriage(stroller) as he put it. I said thank you so much and put an end to Addy's Mario Andrede days.
Then poor Corey had his first R.V. movie experience. The waste host exploded on him and he got ---- on him. You can fill in your own blank. He had to run and clean up as best as he could. We were checking out right then so no shower for him. It wasn't too bad. It really only got on his arm. Still the thought.
Then we got on the road to walk and take pictures at the Golden Gate bridge. We were on the wrong side of the bridge. The parking for R.V.s was on the opposite side. So we opted to drive below the bridge and get some pics there. It was very pretty. We parked there for a bit. Had lunch. Corey took a little cat nap before doing his driving. The boys played some games outside. They couldn't find there football so they used some rolled up socks. Addy stayed
inside with me and watched her brothers from the window. They made her laugh and laugh and laugh.
We took some pics and then headed out. We went to Berkeley and drove up to cal state stadium. The stadium is being redone so we couldn't really get to it that well. We just had to drive by. Were now driving through Santa Cruz on our way to L.A. Were going to drive the coast and stop at the Hearst Castle tomorrow. We will stop in Salinas. There is a Walmart we can stay at for the night. I am excited to drive the Coast tomorrow and see Hearst Castle. It reminds me of when I was a little girl and my dad took me and my sister on a trip down the coast and to the castle. Her and I fought about being on each others side in the car and I hated having sand in my swim suit. Oh I love those memories. Miss you Sis ! It gives me great hope for my boys to look back and love these memories. Sorry Dad for the fighting I am getting my pay back.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Great pics....you're lucky to get a sunny day in SF! Definitely go back to those places. Your boys would love Alcatraz! I remember going there on a field trip for school and got put in solitary confinement for a minute and it scared the "you know what" out of me! :-)

SS