Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 13- Church day and break down take 2

Sunday Jan. 16 2011
Day 13- Church,and Break Down take 2


I know this is long but it has reality all over it. This is turning into our reality R.V. trip
Well all kinds of stuff to right about from today's journey. I woke up from a night of bad dreams. Last night while I was laying in bed I really wanted to go home. I know it's pretty daring for me to admit those feelings because It's my fault were here. I am loving this experience don't get me wrong. And no way in a million years would I go home. Just have to admit my feelings. It's good for the soul to be honest with yourself.
It's just there are many things I miss. I miss my bath tub, my friends, my reality trash t.v., my quite days. And I feel unsettled. It is a very unsettling to go from one place to the next. The things I don't miss are a big house to take care of and the mundane. The grass is not always greener. I will say this though I have my ups and downs and the ups just like in everyday life make the downs worthwhile.
I have had a few of the boys at least one time or another say I want to go home. One in particular has tried to dial grandma Jane's house a couple of times. Usually its when things aren't going his way. These feelings are also good for the soul. It makes us appreciate our blessings and what we have. I also feel that to a very small degree I hope to relate to my boys when they are on there missions and they feel homesick.
Now enough whining for now I have some more to share later. Lets get on to some of the details of our day. We stayed the night at our same camp spot. We had Grandma Caryl find us a church as close as possible to our spot. The nearest one was at 10:00 a.m. 30 minutes out in San Luis Obispo So that meant we needed to shake a leg and get rockin early. I woke up at 7:00 and was going to try to go into the camp showers that Corey had been raving about. He said the showers and bathrooms are so nice and so clean nobody uses them. So I thought I would give them a whirl. I opted to wait a little bit because it was so stinkin cold and I was still half a sleep. so I just wondered around in my little master bath for a bit trying to decide if I had the courage or not. My cute husband could see I was struggling so he said honey just wait a bit until it warms up or just use the R.V. one. The only challenge I faced with my shower was I needed to wash my hair and I didn't have enough water supply to accomplish my goal. So I decided to go with wait til it got a little warmer. And I am so glad I did. Got the boys up had a little clean up. Made some breakfast my first go at pancakes in the R.V. Everything was just breezing along. We were up early I was making breakfast the R.V. was cleaned up and it was still early. I was so pleased with myself. Next thing I know my husband comes to the door and says Ally what did you do with the lock to the bike and I said what do you mean. He said why did you put the lock on tha way. I said whats wrong with it. He said you put it on wrong and now I can't get it unlocked. Then as he turned and walked away he said who puts on a lock that way. Well yours truly. I had put the lock on wrong so now he couldn't get the key to fit right. I tried to go out and be of some assistance but that was not necessary he asked me to please give him some space. I have to say that my husband can be quite patient. Had the tables been turned I would have been ranting and raving about something like that.I decided to let him be it was the best solution. My sound of music morning was slowly crumbling. I decided it was time to give the shower a go. So with my bright pink leopard print robe, My dollar of quarters. Money was a must because you don't get luxury showers for free. I buzzed on over to the amazing showers that Corey had been raving about just knowing that I was about to see camping showers at there absolute finest. Well not so much. Surprised, I was. So I tried to figure out which one I was suppose to use. He had told me make sure you use the handicap one the other one doesn't work. So I went to the showers with the handicap sign on the door. And went in with my face all twisted up with disgust. I had to figure how to work this out because I did not want anything I owned to touch anything in the shower. Where would I put my robe. There were some hooks but I wasn't sure about the walls so I decided to hang the robe inside out. that was the best solution. Then I hung my towel on top of my robe. Grabbed my supplies to go towards the shower. I had my supplies exactly in the right order because each quarter allowed only a few minutes at a time. I felt I needed to be ready as soon as the gun fired. So everything ready it was time to put my quarters in. Put them in and waited for the luxury water to come rushing out. Nothing not a thing. Oh no I thought please don't let this be the shower that is broken. So I fooled around with the shower hoping and praying it would start. No it wasn't going to. I had to face the fact that I had gone to the wrong handicap showers. So I put my robe on very carefully. Opened the door knowing we were right next to the showers luckily. To find my husband and most of the boys surrounding him still working on the bike lock. I hollered out Carston my shower won't start. And my husband looked over and said which one are you in I said the handicap one. No you went to the wrong one I told you not to go in that one 4 times. So Caleb came rushing over to my rescue he verified what Corey had said. Ya mom you used the wrong one. Then he gave me his 3 min. shower quarter there goes his shower. Then Colton came over and I told him he would need to give me his quarters also. I gave him permission to use the R.V. showers. I just had to wash my hair. So he of course thought that was great. I was going to live the dream even if we did become broke. So I headed into the right handicap shower this time. And soon found my worst nightmare no hooks. Only benches where every naked but in the world has sat. I didn't know how to work this one. So the solution I came up with is to roll my robe up really tight and stick it to the far corner I new that it had less of a chance of having cheek history. Then put my towel on top of that. Grabbed my supplies and headed over to the shower. Then to my confusion the shower head was in the middle of the wall and there was no way to move it up. I put my quarters in and had to get real low half standing half squatting so that I could get my hair wet. Smacked my head quite a few times but I made it through and with just enough time left on the clock. I did it. I made it through the nicest showers not out there. And I had only payed double. I walked back to see camp had been all packed up bikes on the R.V. things looked promising. I walked in the R.V. asked how dad fixed the lock and they said he had to cut the key. not what I had hoped. Then he was right behind me pushing stuff into the R.V. saying lets go I really want to get on the road. We got on the road and continued to get ready for church. We made to at 10:20 not sure where the church was exactly we are in a situation with our electronics. We have one charger for our 2 phones and the one car outlet is not working. Our Internet is a joke it never works so the only time we get it is when we are at a paid campground with wi fi. And our tom tom can not be charged either because of the broken car charger. So I used just the little bit of juice I had left in my phone to google the church we got the directions and head to the right church building. We got there and we were only 40 minutes late. As soon as I walked in I could see nobody was sitting in the chapel. I asked the gentlemen sitting in the foyer and he said it starts at 11:00. Wow this is the second week in a row that we have been early to church. We went in and watched everybody come in. I had a few people come in but the one I will remember and the one who came first was a 90 year old woman named Elizabeth Pearson. She came right over and introduced herself and said to me I want you to tell me about you. And she meant it she held on to my arm like we had been friends forever. I told her about us and what we were doing. She had very kind things to say. And she said to me you are a special woman. When she said something she meant it you could tell. She told me about her children she had 6 daughters, I said no boys. She said no I didn't want any. I said 6 girls that's alot of work. She said yes but I like them now. She was super sharp, had a quick wit and very honest. We went to our classes the boys did great. Colton just went right into class and so did the other boys I didn't even have to take them they just found there way. All of the people were nice not the most outgoing in there socializing. But the one who I hope to emulate someday is Elizabeth Pearson. She was real and genuine and honest. I asked to have her sign our R.V. she said oh I would absolutely love that. She walked arm and arm with me made me miss my Grandma Caddie she used to do the same thing with me. As we walked she shared a little about her life. She shared how when she was 33 she found the church her husband wouldn't let her join the church for 6 months. She shared how 3 of her daughters are active and 3 are not. She shared about how her husband didn't talk to her the whole 9 months of her last pregnancy because he was concerned about money. She also said you know I have really had to learn to love my husband since he has died. I didn't like him at the end of his life. She said she has to watch love movies like pride and prejudice, sleepless in Seattle. Those movies help her love him. She also has had many priesthood blessings that have brought her comfort that her husband is no longer a dead beat.(my interpretation of how he was)
She always had a smile on her face too. She made a comment in relief society that was so funny she said Heavenly Father has had to spank her a few times to get her to listen. I though it was a funny comment. I so enjoyed her and hope to see her again. She has another home in Utah. And gave me her info I hope to see her at the end of our journey.
I also saw a dumpster diver in the background while I was talking to her. It was so odd he acted like it was no big deal.
We were off again. This time we our on a mission to find tires we can not travel another mile until we replace them there really bad. So we are now staying the night in Primo Beach. I am happy it is here. We are camping at the primo oceano state park. Its right by the beach. Its a sand dune beach so there are all kinds of trucks and dune buggy's cruising around. We walked down to the beach and walked around then came back because the boys ended up getting in the water of course. They were freezing. As we were leaving others were starting Bon fires on the beach. Then the dream came. Oh lets do that. I have always wanted to have a bonfire on the beach .From the moment I was a little girl and saw Karate Kid.. We went back paid some more money for the boys to take warm showers. I bathed Addy in the sink. I had bought this ice cream ball that you can make your own ice cream. I got it for us for Christmas for the trip. I was excited to finally use it and even better around our bonfire on the beach. So Codey helped me with it. I asked numerous times for some help with some other things and didn't get any response. Corey had gone somewhere. So I nagged and begged and finally threw a shoe out the door because nobody was listening. I carried on and they left which was for the best and I stayed back and cried. Codey came back for me and he helped me get the rest of my stuff finished. We finally made it to the rest of the family only to discover that we had no wood and not very many interested in making it happen. So I got disgusted and walked off Half of us went one way and the other half the other way. I was going to take matters into my own hands with the help of Caleb, Codey and Addy. We headed back to get money so we could get firewood. I also needed more ice for my handy dandy ice cream ball. We made it back to the beach to find the other of the family already enjoying a fire. Somebody was leaving and let them have theres. I was so irritated I just didn't no what to do with myself. They were suppose to be suffering. Carston came over and apologized and I said Carston I am not sure if you really are sorry. Then he said a male response to an emotional worn out woman. Mom I'm not sure what I did to be saying sorry for. And he meant it. So I sulked and everyone tried to carry on my dream without me. Carston shared a story trying to cheer me up. He had climbed on top of one of the hills by our bonfire and was going to roll down it. He screamed I am going to roll down this hill. Next thing he knew what he thought was a rock said Hello. It was a couple making out. And he was ruining the occasion. It was funny I tried not to give into my humor I wanted to hang onto my frustration. So we continued to work on the ice cream ball. What was suppose to be 15-20 mins turned into an hour and lots of sand on it. It was not the best dream after all. Addy was getting tired and cranky I was still sulking and the ice cream was talking forever. I said I am going back. Just as I stood up I burned my foot on a hot part of the sand from the fire. That was it the floodgates were open the tears came flowing and I cried while I threw what was left of our magical evening in the bag and headed off. Codey came right to my side and helped me. The others continued to pick up from behind. I made it home. Not long after the rest showed. I put Addy to bed. Carston said mom I am sorry I will try and do better. I said thank you and I will try and be better too. We finally could end the day with some yummy ice cream so we got it opened and found that we each got 3 tablespoons each just enough to make us feel real bad. Real bad that it tasted so good and there was no more and real bad that it had taken so long We all ended up being friends again. I am bugged that I can't ever blog but I am grateful. Writing this all down sure helps me to understand our family more and the way we interact with each other and with others. I am blessed! And feel better after a good cry. I almost forgot my cute dad is planning on meeting us at Disney land this week I am excited to see him.





















1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Allysun,

We so much enjoyed reading this blog...thank you for sharing the ups and downs both.

We really connected with your story about meeting Elizabeth Pearson...it sounded like one of those kindred spirits that you instantly connect with and become eternal friends with. I found myself eagerly anticipating your reunion with her in Utah.

As we read the rest of the story, I thought, the next time she has a bad day, just ask yourself, "WWEPD?" What Would Elizabeth Pearson Do? haha.

Thanks for sharing and allowing us to go along with you guys on this journey..."Virtually" speaking. :-) We miss you!

Dustin