Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 18 - In and out Burger















Day 18- In and Out Burger

Friday January 21 2011



Hi everyone this is Colton, my mom is a little tired so I thought I would do the blog today. California is awesome! They have In n out burger, three pro football teams, the ocean, and plenty of happy joyful people. Well Friday morning was a get to LA day so we didn't do much. My dad was getting annoyed by a shaking noise, well actually I should say the shaking RV that would make a shaking noise while we would drive. I think it was because we hit a big curb back in Medford Oregon at about two o'clock in the morning driving to California. I swear everyone rose at least a foot when it hit I'm surprised no one woke up. He had been calling experts on this subject all week and they assumed that it was the tires so as soon as we got out of the best RV park that I have ever stayed at, we drove to one of those stores were you donate clothes and all the stuff you buy there is super cheap and it has already been used well whatever. They had a box of fake IDs and I was thinking about getting one that's name was James Eugene Carey(Jim Carey).Well anyway we bought some stuff there. The T shirts that say "oh back in 80's if coach would of put me in in the fourth quarter we would of won state", tank tops, shorts, and all that mumbo jumbo. Well after that we drove to Wayne's tires which was a complete waste of time cause my dad being the great RV expert he is thought that it was the alignment that was the problem and it turned out that it was. So after that we went to In N out Burger I tell ya that place is a step away from heaven. I could of ate in it all day long. It was amazing! Then it was the long car ride, it wasn't too bad but the traffic was a little stressful for my dad while my mom was loving being apart of the LA experience. We got to the Anderson's in Lake Forest. They are my Uncle Eric who is my Aunt Heathers husbands mom and dad. They are so nice to let us stay with them. I can't tell ya how happy I was to see carpet. It sounds weird but I almost cried I was so happy, but I wasn't the only person happy Addy went straight to the stairs I think she forgot how fun it was to climb the stairs. We all needed to stay in a house for a few days if we are planning on going for six months. well who knows what tomorrow will bring crying, laughing, and probably some more memories.

Pictures will be posted soon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colton, it so nice to hear from you. Sounds like California treating you well. Corey didn't tell us why the RV was shaking. Thanks for letting us know. That's so funny. Hope you can get it fixed and started crusin again. Have fun at Disneyland!

jane said...

Great posting Colton. Can't wait to hear more from you and see the pictures. Glad the RV is mended and ready to roll. So excited for you guys to hit Disneyland. Addy will be right at home with the other princess! Have a wonderful time. Love you all! G'ma

Lanie Welch Campbell said...

Colton-I've been your mom's friend since we were five years old.. I'm so glad that you get to be a part of some of her adventures now! Tell her that if she just adds some "Juice Newton" to her playlist, all will be well with the journey. She'll know what you are talking about! Give your mom a big squeeze from me! Melanie

Janiel said...

Hi Christensen Gang! This is Klaas and Janiel DeBoer... We have started reading your blog and WOW you guys are on a journey. I personally LOVE In & Out Burger too!! We can't wait to see more pictures... What a great bonding experience your family is going to have...Everyone will have memories to pass on from generation!!
Good luck and be safe!!