Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 3

Day 3 Thurs. Jan. 6 2011

Well I already shared the beginning of our morning. I forgot about our stop at the Big Paul Bunion Museum. Got some sweet bed head pics of the fam. It was actually really cool. We wanted to stay the night in there parking lot the night before but they had a sign that said no way! Instead we stayed in the protected parking lot of the Methodist church. We did get the showers in, the computer up and running and some more organizing after I shed some tears of fatigue and frustration. Can you believe how many times I have to organize. If you think it's important in a home it's even more important in a R.V. I suppose I have been a little naive after all. I thought that because we have such a small space to care for we would have very few cleaning up. Well not completely true. I now know that we will always be cleaning up messes because that is apart of what we signed up for when we signed on for 5 amazing, patient producing and self improving coach's in our lives. I still have high hopes for simplicity but am not convinced yet. We can always fill our lives with many things when were raising a family. The only comfort I have is at least I am seeing the sights along the way. Today was another great memory maker and learning day. I can not believe how beautiful the Lord made this world. We finally got on a hike after a slow going morning(which was a must have for me). Wow was it beautiful all I wanted to do was video and take pictures because I wanted to remember everything about the beauty. Caleb said it reminded him of Narnia and I said" ya it fills like were in the movies". I felt like Edward or Jacob would come flying by at anytime. We got down to the ocean and it was breath taking. The boys absolutely loved it. I took pictures and realized how in shock my body was from the hike. I stayed back and fooled with the camera while the rest of them went exploring. Codey came back and handed me a rock heart and said" I give you my heart mom". It was a perfect shaped rock heart. Corey said" he would be the one to find it because of his great big heart". Caleb came back on Coltons back because his feet were cold and sore from climbing all the logs and rocks. He had taken his shoes off because they had gotten wet. Carston found some clams and said" mom if there are pearls in here I am going to be so rich". He told Corey if there are pearls in the clams we are splitting it. And Corey said" what are you talking about were going to pay for our trip'. We had some good laughs, some great exercise and some possible pearls to pay for our trip. We got back and while the boys warmed up with some hot showers I made leftovers for dinner. Carston to his disappointment found out there were no pearls after all. Corey boiled them up and ate them(YUCK) I hope he is still alive in the morning. If it's not the methodist or the buses it's the clams. We finally got to eat Paula's yummy hot fudge and ice cream. Each boy had a job helping after dinner and then we all watched a fuzzy t.v of sports channel. Big difference coming from the luxury of tivo and a big clear picture. It was still fun to be in for the night. Addy is not feeling well. She is feeling out of sorts and off her schedule. It doesn't help that she had her flu shot before we left and now she is sick. I think out of every one it is the biggest adjustment for her, because she is not on a schedule and in her familiar surroundings. She has been a trooper though. Everyone is tucked in bed while I write about our day. I am hoping to gain some more perspective on this trip and a better relationship with each family member. While organizing an R.V over and over again!

7 comments:

Lanie Welch Campbell said...

I love you my crazy beautiful friend. I'm so proud of you for being unafraid! Did you remember your lamp? It was the first thing you packed when we were 8 and you were headed out! (Please tell me you remember!!) Happiest of Trails!

jane said...

So happy to hear from you. You sounded so happy! I love the pictures (though they tug at my heart) missing you guys all ready! I enjoyed reading your entries. It made me smile and giggle, but you alway were good at that. Please keep in touch and be safe, be safe, be safe. Codey's heart rock is perfect and beautiful. Love to you roadies. G'ma Jane

Gayann said...

Left you a LOOONG voice mail, but thought you might be reading comments, too. Just so thrilled for you guys! I teared up just telling Reed about it this morning. We are both green with envy! Please keep us on your email list and we'll enjoy your blog posts. xo, Gayann

Pryors said...

Sis I'm so so so excited for you guys. I loved reading your updates they made me smile. Your on an adventure of a life time, you guys are going to make great memories. Enjoy it! I love you lots :) Tell the kiddos hi and I love them. We have to plan our rendezvous, where and when are we meeting you?
You Rock

The Roberts Family said...

I'm just loving your blog! Thanks for sharing your adventure! Much love, Dana :)

The Roberts Family said...

I'm just loving your blog! Thanks for sharing your adventure! Much love, Dana :)

Stephanie said...

Great updates! I'm so glad you are doing this blog so I can live vicariously through you guys. :-) I love that you are honest...keep reporting the good AND the bad. You will have so many experiences that will make this trip so memorable for the rest of your lives. As far as the organizing (not that I'm experienced in the whole RV situation) but my guess would be to think and plan for a few days at a time. Maybe have 2 to 4 days worth of simple meals and shop accordingly. When my family did this, each kid had one cupboard for everything we had...if it didn't fit in that cubby, we couldn't keep it. I think the first week is the hardest but you'll find your groove. We wish you the best and are praying for you.