Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 6 - First Church Day
Sunday Jan. 9 2011

We woke up in the Safeway Parking lot. The teenage kids finally had to go home and we got some piece and quiet after all. We weren't sure what time church was so we picked the 9:00 time. We hustled over there it was only a mile from our Safe way stop. I was still getting ready and the boys were still getting ready. When we got there there wasn't a car in the parking lot. Codey boy walked over and saw the times on the church and the one and only meeting time they had was 10(my perfect church time). So for the first time ever we were ahead of the game for church. We continued to get ready in the church parking lot and have a little something to eat (rolls from the night before). The view from our front door was absolutely beautiful. We took this picture of Addy which kind of shows the view.
We were early so we got to pick a seat instead of the seat picking us this time. It was a real treat. The ward members came over and talked to us and were so so nice. When I told one of the men what we were doing I could tell by his response that he really didn't know what to think of us. Then one of the missionaries came over to talk to us and he was so so sweet, very very humble young man. He has only been out for 2 weeks. He is from Arizona. He had such a great spirit about him. I really believe and hope that this is a really good experience for our boys for there missions. Both Elders spoke in Sacrament. They spoke on free agency and repentance.
When we took the boys to the very small primary about 10 total including our boys. The primary presidency came and gave us a hug. The whole ward was very kind and very humble.
Colton went to young men's with only 5 young men total. Corey and I went to sunday school Addy was sleeping, and I said to Corey "this is the only time we have had without kids". Lets go to church everyday do you want to? Both Sunday school and Relief Society were great. I had one of the sisters invite us to stay at there house so I could do some wash. We gratefully accepted and got the directions from her. After church we started to there place. And that is when the adventure began.
The directions were either good directions and we were not on our game. Or they were not very good and it explained what happened next. In the end it was both the directions and us. We ended up driving 20miles past there place. Which by the time we made it back was a total of 40 mile trip of seeing the same scenery we had been to 2 times before. You see when she gave me the directions she said it was about 18 miles backtracking . I didn't think much of it(1st mistake)
not putting into account winding roads are always a lot longer then straight right(my bad). Then I have to say the directions were confusing(sorry Nina). So we drove and drove and drove with my husbands veins popping on the side of his head. He was so mad! He said" I am so mad I don't want to talk the rest of the day. I made the mistake of snickering a bit and he said," oh you think this is funny Ally". The windy stressful roads he had already drove once the day before he got to drive again. Eventually we realized we needed to turn around. The part that was frustrating was she had given me her cell# but of course I had no service. So eventually we got back into a town we had been through 3 times, lovely town though. And I called her because I finally had service. She told us what to do from there and said she would meet us at the gate. They lived on a Beautiful 500 acre ranch so you needed a code to get in. First stress adventure down now onto the next. We finally made it to the gate and followed her up a very narrow road encased in trees that scratched up and down the paint job of the R.V. , next, road block, donkeys. Leaving us on a steep hill that was definitely stressful because you don't want to stop the bus once it gets going. We got through a mile 1/2 of that. And arrived at our dear Friends Nina and Donald Morosi home. It was a darling country home and beautiful, beautiful land. They greeted us and showed us around a bit and took some pictures. I started on my laundry right away because I had alot to do and knew it would take all of my evening. They were so kind to us. She made us dinner and we sat at the table all of us together. Then the boys got to get some serious Disney channel in. Which was so nice of them because we controlled there t.v. time and took up there seating space. I tried to work on the blog and Colton tried to get in some facebook. I continued to work on my laundry and it took longer then I am used too. The washer and dryers were on the super cold porch. So the poor dryer was working extra hard and taking along time. Mom her dryers were just like yours it made me think of you back home.
Eventually we went to bed and they let us have there whole upstairs and it was such a darling country style. Codey was excited because he wanted to use the electric blanket.

After we all got settled Corey decided to share with me. Allysun we are in the middle of no where, no one knows were here. And needless to say he slept with one eye open. And of course that made me feel unsettled. The sun came up and we were still alive. Cute Nina had cereal out for us and Donald visited with Corey and Colton. I cleaned up our dirty R.V. it felt so good to do a good clean and order check. The boys showered and we did the military showers because of the smaller water tank. I thought this is such good experience for there missions. Well after all that, we got on the road and the boys said they made us feel like family. The best compliment to you Nina and Donald. Thank you so so much for opening up your home to our big family. Feeding us, giving up your furniture and t.v., letting us use your washer and dryer, giving us comfy beds to sleep in and teaching my boys about the kindness of others. We look forward to a lifetime friendship.

2 comments:

KevanKjar said...

I love the pics on the side of the RV!

Stephanie said...

The picture of Addy with the donkeys cracked me up!!