Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 2

Weds. Jan 5 2011

What a long travel day. We woke up in the parking lot in Burns. Me and Corey looked at each other and said" Well we made it". We didn't freeze to death and we weren't killed. First night we all slept pretty good. We got on the road A.S.A.P.We had some Candy Bars for breakfast(thanks Grandma and Grandpa Fisher) while we cleaned up the mother ship. Still not settled as far as the motor home goes. At the last stretch of getting out of town we just started throwing stuff in the motor home. It looked like a hoarders place. I got Addy and myself ready while we drove and I did some organizing. We stopped in Bend at a Costco(Hallelujah) we still needed a computer and printer. We got some supplies, not a lot because bulk isn't my friend right now. We didn't have water for two days so we have been using water bottles to wash up and cook with. Another WalMart stop for a few more supplies. Then destination Redwoods. We drove and drove and drove and drove. Did I mention we drove? We stopped in Klammath Falls to go to the Wal Mart for a TomTom. While the family went in I made our first dinner. I have to say it turned out a little frustrating because I'm not organized yet. It was a lot of Juggling. I even tried to keep it simple, pre made tomato soup from Costco with ham and grilled cheese sandwiches with a veggie tray. The place had become a mess while we had been driving. So it made me feel very -unsettled while cooking. We ate, cleaned up, everybody ready for bed and got back on the road to burn the midnight oil, while we make it to our starting point THE REDWOODS! I got Addy to sleep than did some more cleaning up and organizing. Corey drove and drove and drove with most of the boys at his side. Colton was the Co-pilot and he did an awesome job. Eventually everyone fell to sleep while Corey and Colton kept the dream alive. I woke up to some confusion of where are we, are we going the right way? Tiffany our navigation system was confusing us. Well we struggled in the dark for a while. After much doubting and discussion we were reassured that we were in deed on the right path. As soon as we made it to California Codey and Colton got there picture taken under the California sign in the late of the night. Codey came in really excited saying "mom I was in Oregon and California at the same time." We got back on the road. We wanted to stop at the Wal Mart in Crescent City but they wouldn't let us because it wasn't a 24 hour store. I felt so betrayed. So we headed back onto the dark windy road. Eventually we had to stop it was 2 in the morning. No location to stay was in sight. So we had to stay in a Methodist church parking lot(thank you, thank you, to the Methodist church). We parked there and hoped we would be alright. We finally got into bed at 2:30. I slept pretty light. Next thing I know Corey lunges over me . Pushing on my full morning bladder flipping the blinds up to see if we were being taken away. I said "what's wrong? He said" I thought we were being towed away". Lucky for us it was only the morning buses flashing there red lights. He said "I thought the Methodists were after us". When we checked in to our campground today, Tom the head honcho of the Mystic Forest campground said" your the family who slept in the Methodist church." Corey said" how did you know?" He said I drive bus. So he was the one who was after us this morning. Well that brings us to a new day. Day 3 of our adventure. We have finally stopped and plan to be here for at least the day to shower, hike, get the computer up and running and get more organized. The boys were just dying to ride bikes so there out there now cruisin around feels good to be put, even is it is for a quick minute.

No comments: