Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 10- Work Day

Day 10- Work Day
Thurs. Jan. 13 2011

I am behind on my writing so be prepared for an eyeful. Even more so then usual. Thursday we ended up spending all our time at Wal Mart, Costco and Home Depot. We pulled into Salinas California around 6:00 p.m.We stopped off at Walmart and talked to Paul Blart the security guard. We were told that we could stay one night but the city didn't like it. After we secured camp we went to look for something to eat. I was so tired and it was getting late I couldn't bring myself to make dinner. We found a Mikes Pizza place. While we were at our table and Corey was at the salad bar. There was a small earthquake. I didn't notice it at all. Corey whistled for me and was mouthing something that I couldn't understand. Eventually he just blurted out" an earthquake did you feel it". What is so crazy was the night before we watched a documentary on earthquakes. So poor Caleb was ready to go home. We assured him that everything was fine. The pizza was good but the place was a dive. The boys were in heaven they had 3 big screens to look at. All sports of course. And for me they had all the people magazines my heart desired.Am-and Amy thanks for sending the love my way. I got up to date on all the issues I have missed. Read up on Shania Twain's love life. The boys lost some of there money at the quarter machines. Carston did come away with 4 interesting rings. We headed back to our home sweet home Wal mart I was exhausted so I did some complaining and nagging then the family told me to go to bed. Corey went and got a dollar movie and some ice cream. So while grumpy me slept the boys had a party. Corey slept by the door because he felt like he was on duty better up front then in the back. When we woke up we got up and started a day of work. Corey went to office max and picked up a a journal. I got up and showered then headed to Wal mart. I had things I needed to get for the R.V. I know your in shock that I am still moving in. I got some plastic drawers for the closet. And moved a few things around. That took most of my morning. While I was doing that the boys shopped in Wal mart. Colton got a different phone. And Codey bought a camera with his own money. Paul Blart came by a couple of times giving us the eye. I went to check on the boys in Wal mart. I couldn't find the keys anywhere. So I hoped that Corey had them I didn't want to leave it unlocked. When I finally found the boys I asked them if they had the keys? Corey then told me," no I don't have them". I was sick. I told him I had looked all over and couldn't find them so I knew he had them. He was disgusted, he didn't say a word just slowly and calmly walked to the R.V. I watched from a distance hoping that we had left a window unlocked. Luckily we had. He lifted Codey up through a window and I watched with relief as the door opened. Yes there in! So I scurried of to Costco across the street to get some more food. We can only buy a little at a time. So we go to the stores often. It was really convenient to have them right next to each other. And in my front yard. As we were walking back there was a skinny little lady holding a sign. I gave Carston a 5 dollar bill and he ran over and gave it to her. I am not saying this to brag on myself. I am only sharing it because of how she made me feel. He gave her the money and she smiled and said thank you. She stopped standing there and walked over to the concessions stand at Costco. She was just a little thing. So I knew she must have been super hungry. I don't normally give money only because you never know what they really are going to use it for. But I felt strongly about her. Maybe because she was a woman. I was so glad we did. I wondered how long she had waited. She was there when we went in and so I knew she had been there a while. As I was getting closer to the R.V. I could see some serious searching going on. I knew then that we were key less. That feeling was worse then being locked out. I got there and sure enough we had no keys. I mean come on the place isn't that big. Where did they go to. So we all continued to search. Colton and Corey took turns going into Walmart seeing if they had left them in there. I looked all over the R.V. nothing. Finally it got to the point that I thought what in the world are we going to do. Paul Blart kept making the rounds giving us the eye and eventually asking us to leave. It was close to 3:oo the day was almost over. I didn't mind because it aloud me a moment to catch my breath. Carston said a prayer and literally within a couple of minutes they were found. They were under neath the R.V. in the tool compartment. Corey had put them there when he was done looking for his tools. Carston asked him if he had left them under there.. And sure enough they were there. O.K. were a week and 2 days in and guess how many injuries the R.V. already has. A shelf, a drawer and our car charger outlet. Poor Corey keeps saying my Dad said this place would be riddled and I didn't believe him. Sure enough its taking a beating. So we spent the rest of the evening fixing things. Corey got the rest of the bikes put on the back. We have had them in the back bedroom. So awesome to have them out of there. He fixed the shelf and the drawer. Yea my hero. Still without the charger. Hope to fix that soon. While Corey did that I went over our money situation and went over my records of what we have spent. Lets just say we have gone down from eating 3 times a day to 2. We now have a season pass to all the Walmarts and will be showering at the Y.M.C.A. And Colton has signed me up for don't forget the lyrics to earn the rest of our travel money. We are more aware now of our costs and can now set some sort of budget. I am exaggerating a tad we are allowed 3 meals instead of 2. Corey and I are trying to loose weight anyway. California's gas is killing us. All my extra trips aren't helping matters. After we accomplished our work day. We headed out on the road it was about 10 so we thought we would drive a little to drive the coast and see Hearst Castle. We got about an hour down stopped in Seaside where Paul Blart couldn't find us. We found another Costco and stayed in there parking lot. Corey was going on night 2 of little sleep he doesn't sleep well when were dry camping . For any body who is not familiar with R.V lingo. Dry camping is when you are not at a camp sight plugged into water and electrical. And of course no security. Because theres know security he has to stay on guard. I know I have already said this before but Colton has been an awesome navigator. He does it all the time and I am so grateful. That brings us to another day. Pray for me to get accepted to don't forget the lyrics I really think I have a good shot! The boys are counting on me. If that doesn't work out Corey said he would do wipe out. Or he and I could do the biggest looser couples. All kidding aside things are going to be fine we now have something to go off and to be wise with our spending since we know where were at now. Other wise we will be taking turns at all your houses until our renters time is up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our family is all voting for, Wipe out. It's our favorite family show! I can totally see Corey winning. Go Corey! As far as housing, I guess you guys could bunk in our TV room, now that you're used to close quarters. Heather