Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 5 My Break Down Day

Day 5 My Break down day
Saturday Jan. 8 2011

Stayed the night in Eureka California at the Shoreline R.V. Park. Started out driving to San Francisco but decided to stay the night at Willit California in a Safe Way Grocery store parking lot.

You guys this morning was so hard for me. I did so much nagging and yelling. Everyday seems to bring a new unique challenge. In my very first post(wake up) I don't take credit for this idea(the trip) I know I was impressed to do it by the Lord and that he made it possible for us to be able to. I know I will continue to understand why.
I have been really learning alot about myself. And a lot about our family. I realized today that even though I have really really great children my parenting has failed them in some areas that need improving.
Today's learning lesson
I have to teach them to be more disciplined. I think the hardest part about it is I have to be more disciplined.
I really believe that my children are the best self improvement program out there. I had some real doubts about whether I could really do this trip. No matter where you go and no matter what size of home your in,parenting is a unique struggle. And with out a doubt the greatest joy and experience ever. The difference is when I didn't want to deal with things which is quite alot. I could hide in my big house. I had my Big bedroom.My really nice bathtub,the t.v the Wii and the computer to babysit my kids. I could send them to school and to there friends. I am still doing hard(parenting)just in a different way but at least I get to see America while I'm at it.
Today was also a day of really missing the comforts of home ,familiar surroundings and
THE PEACE AND QUIET DAYS while my kids are in school.
We used the laundry mat for the first time. And I used the K.O.A showers.I miss my bathtub. I was so excited to take a shower because it would be my only free time of the day. So I took the longest shower ever.
After that we went to Costco to get are next grouping of meals. On the way there we saw tons of homeless people. The boys witnessed a man laying on the corner vomiting. Another man picking garbage from the trash and eating it. Then many walking out of the public library. We have been trying to find a fax machine to fax some papers for the boys school and were not having any luck. Corey told the boys when they saw the homeless. See boys that's what will happen to you when you do homeschooling. So now the boys keep asking me if they will have to do there grade there in over again.
We also saw a really sad example of the human race. We were behind a car that was honking at a handicap lady who was trying to cross the street. She had to use a long cane to wave back and forth when she crossed the street so she wouldn't get hit by a car. She started yelling and shaking so bad because she was so upset. We could hear her screaming inside our R.V. I was so sad for her. I opened up my window and asked her if she was o.k. She was still yelling about the guy honking at her. We parked at Costco and Corey and the boys tried to find her to see if she was o.k. They couldn't find her. I had to force some of the boys to go with Corey to check on her. They were afraid because she was yelling so loud. I think they thought she was going to yell at them.
We were headed to San Francisco. But decided to stay in Willit California. And go to church here. We are in a Safeway grocery store parking lot. Corey talked to the guy at the gas station about staying here and he said it was O.K. and he'll keep a look out for us. We had to listen to some young kids rev there diesel truck for hours on end. Lucky for us we picked the drag location for all the young kids. And it's a Saturday night.
Needless to say we have had many experiences today. I know that this is really going to be an amazing growing experience for us as individuals and as a family. We ended the night with dinner,laughter,Charades, more nagging by yours truly and a special message from Carston.
He picked and read the scripture:
Mosiah 2:17
And behold I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom,that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.
Then he shared what that Scripture meant to him and why he picked it. He said he needs to serve mom and dad more. Then it opened up a discussion about what we saw today and how others treat each other. And how our Heavenly Father feels when we are kind to each other or when we hurt others. We talked more about all the people we saw and how it made them feel. They shared sadness, fear, and gratitude. He picked the perfect scripture for this day.
So what adventure will tomorrow bring?We are looking forward to going to church and meeting others of our same faith in Willit California. We also are going to check out the town and beach then head to San Francisco. Pray for my sanity and my vocal chords please!
you may want to throw in a few prayers for my kids hearing? So that they can hear again and not have to listen to me nag so much.

4 comments:

The Riggs Family said...

Allysun...my sweet friend! Thank you for your honesty, strength and determinaton.you are in our thoughts and prayers. Much love to you...colleen

Anonymous said...

Hey Al, love your blog! Wow, what an adventure! Tell everyone hello for auntie Heather. I guess it's a tender mercy that half of my kids were born deaf. So I only have to worry about the other two going deaf from my elevated voice. I feel for you. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

LOVE the picture of Addy on the windshield! She is so smiley in all the pictures...she seems so happy all the time!