Thursday, February 17, 2011

We are still Alive!

We are still Alive!

We are still alive. I have been drowning in the boy's homeschooling. It has taken me some time to get things figured out. Part of the problem is we only have 1 computer to 4 students and a lot of there schooling is on the computer. That is why I haven't been blogging. I'm either using the computer  for school stuff or I am so sick of looking at a computer that I don't have it in me to get on my blog. Which makes me sad because blogging is one of my favorite things about this trip. I also have found that I don't want to spend all my blogging complaining because we have had some tough times.So I have resorted to that famous quote if you can't say anything nice  then don't say anything at all. I haven't had many nice things to say this last little bit.
I feel if all I do is complain I'll get judged. I have different thoughts like maybe I'll get a, I told you so if I share all the story. The whole story the good and the bad. I wish I could fake how amazing it is. But I have to be honest. This has been hard. I am challenging myself and our family in ways that I didn't know existed. Wait a minute I take that back, it is like the kids home from school summer on Steroids.  I have to brace myself for summer and mentally prepare myself because it is alot of work. This is mucho, mucho work. And I am sure there are those super moms out there saying what is her problem homeschooling and spending 24 /7 with all the family is so fun and easy I LOVE IT! Or the other thought, what was she thinking? I could have told her it was going to be hard, oh wait a minute I did tell her it was going to be hard. Oh well, It is what it is. We are here and I am going through growing pains. I also am pretty darn pleased with myself for doing this even if It isn't exactly living up to all my expectations. I am proud of all of us for doing it.

Next, in order for me to get caught up I am just going to post pics and make small comments I am sure your glad, less writing. I have been forced to give up some of my writing. Just not enough time in the day as of right now to write as much as I like and be as detailed as I like. The whole idea was to make this our family journal and scrapbook so that is why I wanted to write so much. But I have realized that a little is more then nothing at all.
Alright I am what I am and this trip is what it is. Amazing, Hard, Not what I expected, challenging, funny, sad, Beautiful, Lonely, Intense, Never ending, New Friends, Missing old friends, Expensive, worth every penny, priceless,Frustrating, Spiritual and I am sure many more adjectives to come along the way.
Love you all and miss you all
And we have enjoyed meeting all our new friends also!

Love Christensen's

3 comments:

jane said...

While I worry about you guys and miss you like crazy, I'm excited for you, proud of you and know you are building special memories that will be entertaining and dear to your family forever. Hope tomorrow is a better day. Hang in there Ally! Give my boys a hug, kiss Addy and tell Corey hi. Love you!

Becca said...

Your last blog tore at my heart, but was inspirational how you are all plowing through this adventure and sticking with it. You'll come home with fantastic memories that will over shadow the hard times. Kind of like giving birth! We love you and miss you and pray for you EVERY day.

Allysun said...

Thanks Becca it means so much to us to hear were in your prayers.