Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mesa Temple and the Halls


So so sad some of my best pics from the temple and Halls got erased.


I'm glad I at least have these pics.We had a great week. It started out with our good friends the Halls. We got to there house Monday evening and they fed us dinner. It felt like being home. It was so good to see our friends it really helped with the homesickness. The boys wanted to sleep inside because they are tired of sleeping in such tight quarters. So Gunner there son who is Codeys age gave up his room so they could be in a house finally. Me and Aubri stayed up and watched the Bachelor, actually we never got through the show. We talked the whole time. We didn't go to bed until 4am. The next day our family went to the Mesa temple. We stopped on the way to the temple and got some pizza's. While Corey was waiting for the pizza he walked across the street to a place called Food way. He came back just ecstatic. He handed me a white sack with some type of pastry in it. And said I could have bought the whole place. It reminded me of my mission. It was full of authentic Spanish food. Then we took our pizza's and went to the temple. I was exhausted due to my living it up with Aubri the night before. Addy was a sleep so I stayed in the R.V. with her while she took a nap. I laid down too. The boys took the pizza and there drinks and sat close to the temple grounds and had lunch. Not much longer about 30 mins. Addy woke up and we all went to the visitor center. It was so great to be there and to feel the spirit. It felt like being home. We watched the Joseph Smith movie, listened to the plan of salvation and took some pictures. It was so great. We also talked to the sweetest Missionary, she is from Illinois she is on her way home in 3 weeks. She gave us her info and said to call her when we make to Illinois and her family will have us over for dinner.
We left and realized we had spent most of our day at the temple. It was great we went home and had dinner at the Halls. Then me and Aubri tried another round of the Bachelor we got through it and we did more talking and ended up staying up until 2 am. The next day I stayed back with Codey while all the boys went to the Sun Devil stadium and had an amazing experience. I am still working on the boys school so I spent pretty much the whole day in a chair in the corner working on school stuff. Aubri and I got some talking time in and Addy and Portia who is only 5 months older then Addy played. They were so cute to watch together. I know she was so happy to have some major crawling space and some new toys to play with. Aubri's other daughter Mazi who is in between Carston and Caleb's age played so sweet with Addy. Addy really liked her and I could tell she was enjoying her girl time too. That night was another late night of trash T.V.(Jersylicous, LOVE IT) and some more talking. I had so much fun just having some quality girl time. Thank so much Halls it was fun and thank you so much for feeding us, letting us over take your house and using your washer and dryer. Even though I thought a couple of times I was going to have to buy you some new ones. We love you all and had such a great time. Thank you so much for everything we are so grateful!
Love,
Christensens

1 comment:

aubri said...

Thank you! We had an absolute ball with you guys. I loved the girl talks a trashy tv!! Love ya