Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Addy's 1st Birthday

I am still trying to wrap my brain around Addy being one. Why do they have to grow up so fast? I am writing this post with strong emotion because I know how very blessed I am! I am blessed to be the mother to this little girl. She has brought our family so much joy and happiness. I still catch myself getting so excited about all the girl stuff we get to do together.  
Her brother's love her so much and it doesn't matter who we meet. Every time they make the same comment about her being the only girl.Can you imagine when she want's to date they say. I never would have thought that we would be celebrating her birthday in a Wal-mart parking lot with a store bought cake. I had big plans for her 1 year B-Day. I will have to make up for it next year. She still had a special Birthday. Both Grandma Jane and Grandma Caryl were on the phone while we sang to her and let her eat her cake. Grandma Caryl was able to send some really cute things for Addy's Birthday with her parents when they met us in Arizona.  We took her into Wal-mart and let her pick a present.We lined up a few things and let her crawl to the one she wanted.
We love you Addy girl! Thank you so much for coming to our family!










Dad driving with the Birthday Hat. This is the best seeing a pink girly hat on our Dad.

Dad cleaning up the chocolate cake in his Birhthday Hat.

2 comments:

jane said...

While I'm excited for you guys and your adventure, it's really hard sometimes. Like missing birthdays. Oh well, I guess we will just have to party non stop when you get home to make up for birthdays, valentines, st patricks, easter and any other missed occasions. Corey looks mighty festive in his party hat. Remember we love you and are miss, miss, missing you! Please be careful and safe. XOXO
g'ma jane

Janiel said...

Happy Birthday Addi!! Such a darling little girl :) All your places you've seen... looks like you all are having a great time :) Be safe