Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Down and out

I suppose it's only natural that with the excitement and anticipation there will come along with it, down and out days. I have been trying to pin point why I feel so down today. I suppose it is alot of things. One of the motivations to get out of town has to do with this Gargantuon house. No its not the biggest house in the world but when it needs a cleaning it feels like its the Marriot. The rooms seem to go on and on and on. I sometimes ask myself," am I running away". And to a certain degree I believe I am. Is running away really that bad. I am running away from the day in and day out of all the responsiblities that come with running the Marriot I mean our house.

I want less stuff and more experiences.

I want less yelling at my kids to clean up the house and more hiking up a mountain together.

I want less fighting and more laughing.

I want less feelings of being overwhelmed and more feelings of being content.

I want less laundry and more time to read to my kids.

I want less emails and more talking with my kids.

I want less t.v and more games.

I want less obsession about my weight and more dancing with my family.

I want less homework and more one on one learning together.

I want less paperwork and more crafting and creating.

I want less dieting and more cooking healthy and yummy foods.

I want less energy wasted on my to do list and more energy spent on my to be list.

I want less outside world and more family time.


I suppose that you don't need to travel in an R.V. for 6 months to do all this. But for me I guess its the only way we will.



by: Richard G. Scott

Are there so many fascinating, exciting things to do or so many challenges pressing down upon you that it is hard to keep focused on that which is essential? When things of the world crowd in, all too often the wrong things take highest priority. Then it is easy to forget the fundamental purpose of life. Satan has a powerful tool to use against good people. It is distraction. He would have good people fill life with “good things” so there is no room for the essential ones. Have you unconsciously been caught in that trap?