Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Update

Hello Friends and Family,
 We are all safe and doing well. We continue to have all kinds of experiences! We have a few different reasons for our lack of posts! We lost our camera battery for awhile and our main Computer with all of our pics is broken. We"re waiting to transfer all our pics to this computer. I swear nothing can be smooth sailing. It always seems to find a way to get complicated. Why is that?  We have so much to share with you. I spent most the evening down loading so many pictures from phones, our old camera, new camera and Carstons Ipod.  Nothing like a lot of work to make you want to skip it altogether. As soon as I get free WiFI or were at the beginning of the month on our internet usage I will be posting like crazy! That's if something else doesn't go wrong.

 I have been quite emotional lately as we are quickly approaching the end of our Journey. We are all anxious to get home for different reasons. All of us look forward to saying Hello again to all our friends and family! I am so excited to get back to my bath tub. Corey has mentioned his big black bed that he is missing. I think I have heard alot of us talk  about space. Space to get a break from one another. Funny that I have been so emotional though. A couple of nights ago I could not sleep from all the emotion I was feeling, so I got up and wrote my little family a letter. I thought I would share it with you because it explains my emotion so well.

 Please keep in mind that I am not that great with grammar. So please ignore all the mistakes.

Day 138- Friday May 20th

Wow my heart feels as if it is going to explode with emotion! It is 1:41 in the morning. Big day tomorrow.  Boston sights and of course the End of the world.
 So many thoughts. Our trip is over! We are through ! It is over and I am sad! Yes we still have some great things ahead ,but I feel the end approaching quickly. How can I be sad? This has been so hard in so many ways. But oh, the intensity of all  the different emotions. The moment I lay in my bed months ago with a force of emotion convincing me of our importance of beginning this journey.
The preparation- the planning- the faith- the courage- the fear- the what, where and whys- the anticipation- the friends- the searching for our R.V. – the renting of our home! The preparing of our home. Cleaning, painting ,packing.  Corey quitting his job- the opening of our savings from our crawl space! The emotions of the boys, most excited some not. The extended families emotion.  All the different responses. The negative responses. The hurtful responses.  The pulling the boys out of the only school we have ever known and all there friends. Saying goodbye to friends, sports, scouts! The cold morning we left with our excitement our fears our unknowns.  Saying goodbye and hello at the same time. Goodbye to everything at home. Comforts, familiarity, friends, family, routine. Hello to the world, new places ,new people, showers ,oh the nightmare of showering from beginning to end! Fighting, crying, laughing, eating, watching, riding, enjoying, quitting, not quitting, sorry’s , new friends, generosity so many people have been so generous to us. Complete strangers inviting us into there homes.  Excitement, disappointment, gratitude. The constant strength of the gospel no matter where we go in this world. He is the same! His gospel is the same! In poor areas in rich areas in colored areas in Spanish areas in all areas! Seeing so many things, the way everyday people live day in and day out. Rich people, poor people, hungry people, crazy people,kind people, sad people, happy people, all kinds of color people, different religion people.
Everything must come to an end. I am reminded of our journeys beginning, we must say goodbye again and hello again. Goodbye to our home on wheels that has kept us safe,dry,warm, cool, fed and comfortable. It has taken us to see this side of our beautiful world. It did not have much room to offer us but it has given me so much room in my memories!  It kept us safe in Oregon on the icy, icy roads, And warm in the cold, cold parking lot of the gas station and Methodist parking lot. It drove us down the breathtaking coast that made me feel like I was in a movie moment. It took us to Disney land where we went on the tower of terror over and over and over. It took us to San Fransisco's down town up and down the hills! It took us to Arizona to see our family and friends. It took us through  New Mexico where we stayed in the dump station of all rv stations. It took us through many ghettos and luckily kept on moving right on through. Texas, so so cold not my favorite stop. I wanted to quit and go home. My husband helped us stay strong. We didn’t quit we stayed the course and I am so glad we did. It has taken us to so many WalMarts! Thank you so much Walmart you have been our home away from home. It has taken us to all the beauty in Florida. Remember our friend at the gas station. I hope he never gives up.What about New Orleans?Oh I love that dirty old place ,the personality is too much! What about our fight with the bridge? luckily we won and we have the battle scars to show for it. Memphis, I am a rocker through and through! Mississippi, Alabama, Football Football and more football, North Carolina south Carolina. We have missed so many natural disasters and got to see first hand the destruction and help in that recovery. Washington D.C. New York ! Philadelphia, Boston. My Caleb boy learned how to read, My baby girl Addy learned how to walk. We had the birds and the bees talk with Codey, Carston read a whole book series and has started writing his own book, Colton helped us get to the majority of our destinations, He is our golden ticket to the golden corral, Chick-fil-a forever and ever! And so many laughs. All right now close the windows! I am semi Retired! I have no doubt boys that you will eventually get your dog or dogs! Thank  you my dear dear family for so many memories I know most of you our anxiously waiting for it to  be over. But I sometimes wish we were just driving out of Boise now instead of driving in.

So many other things we need to say good bye too now. And we will say hello again to friends family our home, our future job, our sports, scouts, school activities.


This has been the most amazing experience. I have so much fullness in my heart ! We have not much money left, and not much R.V. left. But I am so ,so thankful and do not question for a second the importance of this trip. We did it guys. Shacka lamano we did it! It wasn’t always easy and it wasn’t always fun, But we did it. I am so thankful to all of you for these last 5 months. Thank you for letting me have you completely for this short time. Now you can be free again and have your own space and comforts again.
So much more to remember forever and ever! We have so many things around us that remind us of how fragile life is. We never know what tomorrow will bring. We have a family member with a  terminal diagnosis that will soon be taken away from his family. We have family who is fighting to have many, many more memories with there little boy Mitchell. We have a dear , dear friend who has just begun his fight with Cancer so he can have more memories with his family.  We may not have much money but we have memories! Memories that can never be taken away from us never ever ever!

Now our trip is definitely not over just yet. We still have the best to come. All of the church History. Yippee

We love you all and our so thankful for all the prayers, phone calls, support and love.



1 comment:

jane said...

Love your update, happy for you guys and this experience, but so excited your headed back. It has been an experience on this end to have you all gone. I didn't like it! Enjoy your return drive, be safe, so excited to have you back. Biscuits and gravy, Fancy, trampoline, pool, cousins, hugs and kisses waiting for you! Love G'ma Jane