Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Graceland

After being able to experience Sun Records,  It was real fun to be able to go to Graceland. I was the only one who went through the mansion and took the tour. It was way to spendy for a family of 7 to go and do. Even though it was so neat to be apart of. I didn't like doing it alone. I wanted to share it with somebody in my family or all if that would have been possible. It's funny how the majority of the time I crave some time to myself, I finally get it and I want to have them with me.  What is up with that?

I am going to be honest. I love to read and hear about famous people. If my husband would let me I would have a subscription to People magazine. Their lives seem so magical and exciting. But then you realize it actually is a glorified version  of  High School, trying to stay on top and be the most popular. The majority of the time I end up feeling very sorry for famous people. It seems like it can be a very lonely road and a bad dream to be stuck under a microscope all the time.( even if they did choose it). The positive thing I gathered from the Graceland experience is  how others make there dreams a reality. It is the principle of hard work  perseverance and believing in themselves. 
As soon as I walked through the door I felt like I had gone back in time. That was the funniest part of it, feeling like I was in the 60's. The only thing I was missing was the outfit and the hairdo.











It's a blurry picture but I thought it was hilarious the green carpet went all the way up the wall and ceiling.





This is where they housed all of his different cars and machines.

His favorite car.


Addy walking in Memphis!


These are Addy's friends and soon after they became ours. She was the reason we met. They were both so sweet and loving. They live in Memphis and go to Graceland a lot. 


1 comment:

Sarge said...

what a great place to visit graceland...i am charting all the places that i need to take my kids. you are going to be a major resource for me when its time to plan for the vacations! love you and wish you safe travels!